Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Damn Fluorescent Lights!!!!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member TJ_the_director's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    as mentioned earlier, a lot of the flicker has to do with ballast problems (as in old or cheap). However, some newer hi-watt/smaller flourescents bulbs popular in home improvement centers in the USA seem to not have any flicker problems at any camera settings (I discovered this in my shop). all I can say is test test test!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member jbridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found somewhat of a solution. I went down and bought some fluorescent lights small enough to rig onto my light trees. I bounced light from those to use as fill. So I took the halogen lights totally out of the picture and white balanced. This worked and only cost me around $40. Though, all I needed was an even lit scene. I can see where I will still have problems trying to create shadows. Just a thought. Thanks guys. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •